Friday, May 13, 2011

Putting faith in it's place.

The awesome first posts of my fellow writers leave me with a pinch of performance anxiety. And since I'm stuck writing an abstract for a dissertation at the moment, I'm not free to share any longwinded pieces of writing yet. My impatience is getting the best of me though, so I think I'll share something I put a little less effort into acquiring.

I saw this at a friend's house a few years ago and I hadn't been able to find it again up until tonight. It's an extremely low-key, didactic argument, directed toward people of faith, on why theistic reasoning  doesn't fit into a logical, human context. It isn't preaching to the choir so it has a special aspect to it that most atheism-promoting clips on youtube lack.

It was also upon viewing this that I finally let go of any remnants of my post-mormon, agnostic mindset. But that's an anecdote for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment